Yup, the same Woolworths you turn to for milk, bread and eggs also offers a line of Woolworths pet insurance – issued by The Hollard Insurance Company, one of the oldest and largest providers of pet insurance in Australia.
What we like about Woolworths Pet Insurance:
- Woolworths pet insurance product offers a solid set of benefits, including covering 80% of eligible expenses and a low $100 excess ($0 excess is also available for a higher premium). Plus, you’ll gain peace of mind from a $10,000 annual benefit cap, which may help you avoid making difficult financial decisions should your best friend ever suffer a life threatening accident or illness.
- Woollies strives to provide the cheapest pet insurance plans in Australia, and even backs up that claim with a low price guarantee (on new pet insurance policies with comparable coverage levels. Woolies came in fourth place in our pet insurance price survey, but we note that they exceeded the cost of comparable policies by less than one dollar per month.
- Woolworths currently offers a $50 Wish Gift Card on new pet insurance policies, once you’ve made your first payment. Plus, Woolworths Rewards members save 10% on their premiums!
A few things to consider:
- You’ll find some online complaints about claims being denied that the customer felt should have been covered. We note that the company responded online to many of these Woolworths pet insurance reviews within hours or days, offering to try to help resolve the issue. Of course, always be sure to read the Product Disclosure Statement before purchasing insurance to make sure you understand the coverage terms.
- There’s a 30 day waiting period for illnesses, so your coverage won’t be in effect if your dog or cat gets sick in the first month of the policy. Plus, you may not be covered for an illness that is diagnosed during the waiting period and requires treatment beyond that time.
NEXT: Get an instant online quote for Woolworths pet insurance. Only Woolworths offers the lowest price on pet insurance, guaranteed! Protect your pet and save 10% on premiums if you are a Woolworths Rewards member! Plus, Woollies will make a $10 donation to PetRescue with every new policy.