HCF is Australia’s largest not-for-profit health insurer, and they now offer a line of pet insurance as well. HCF pet insurance offers a solid set of benefits at an attractive price.
What we like about HCF Pet Insurance:
- There’s a solid set of coverage that includes a $12,000 annual benefit cap and up to 80% cover on eligible vet bills.
- HCF pet insurance is competitively priced, ranking as one of the lowest premiums in our survey of Australian pet insurance premiums. Plus, HCF members save 10% on their pet insurance premiums as well.
- Though HCF pet insurance is marketed under the HCF name, policies are issued by the Hollard Insurance Company and administered by PetSure, large and established names in the Australian pet insurance industry.
A few things to consider:
- HCF provides four options for excess, from $0 to $200, with lower excess amounts resulting in a significant jump in premiums. While you can keep premiums low with a $200 excess amount, that can lead to much higher out of pocket costs. HFC does not provide clear and accessible information on its Website for how the excess amount is applied.
- HFC pet insurance has generated several dozen complaints on ProductReview.com.au, where it currently has low 1.7 ranking (out of five stars). Most complaints related to denied claims. HFC pet insurance does get high marks for responding to most of these reviews within one day of when they were posted.
Be sure to read the product disclosure statement for HFC pet insurance prior to enrolling to make sure you fully understand the benefits and exclusions of your policy.