Petsecure pet insurance is one of the most established brands in Australia. Founded in 2001, they have provided coverage for thousands of dogs and cats across Australia. Like many others, they are underwritten by The Hollard Insurance Company and administered by PetSure, the two long standing dominant names in the pet insurance market.
What we like
- PetSecure offers a solid set of pet insurance benefits which includes Accident cover up to $8,000 per year or Accident and Illness cover up to $12,000 per year. There is also a routine care option with Accident and Illness cover.
- With Petsecure you can choose between having a 75% or 85% coverage on vet bills giving you the choice of a coverage / premium combination to suit your finances. There is no excess on Petsecure policies.
- When you sign up you receive a free Pet ID tag and discounts are offered to people adopting from an animal rescue organization, people with a pension card and people with assistance dogs. There is also a discount for insuring more than one pet.
A few things to consider
- Petsecure premiums ranked 8 on our survey of Australian pet insurance premiums and whilst their premium was below average, do shop around.
- Prompt processing of claims and good customer service were mentioned by many on productreview.com.au but a nearly an equal number reviews were unhappy with the claims processing, the customer service and increasing premiums. Overall Petsecure rated 3 out 5.
- The routine care option, Wellness Care, has a maximum of $145 per year.
Be sure to read the product disclosure statement for Petsecure insurance prior to enrolling to make sure you fully understand the benefits and exclusions of your policy.