Petbarn now offers its own line of pet insurance. Though it’s the largest pet supply retailer in Australia, plans are not sold in stores and can only be purchased online or over the phone. Petbarn pet insurance plans are administered by PetSure and underwritten by The Hollard Insurance Company, two of the largest names in Australian pet insurance.
What we like about Petbarn Pet Insurance:
- Petbarn’s Total Cover plan provides comprehensive coverage for accidents and illnesses, including 100% back on vet bills with no excess to pay.
- All three policies have no overall annual benefit limit. Most pet insurance policies have a $12,000 to $25,000 limit.
- You also get access to Greencross Vets’ Healthy Pets Plus (HPP), a preventative healthcare program that helps keep your pet healthy.
A few things to consider:
- Premiums for Petbarn pet insurance are pricey, coming in well above the average price in our annual pricing survey.
- It doesn’t cap the overall amount you can claim per year but it does come with a condition limit of $500 for Core Cover and $1000 for Core Plus Cover.
- Its Core and Core Plus options have a 30 day waiting period for illnesses — that’s 9 days longer than Total Cover.
Before purchasing Petbarn pet insurance review the product disclosure statement to make sure you understand the coverage terms and restrictions.
Gary Hunter is a writer specialising in insurance. He has a Bachelor of Arts in English Literature from the University of Glasgow and has previously worked for Real Insurance as a content specialist.
All the information in this article was correct at the time of writing and may change over time. If you’re considering this product, be sure to review the Product Disclosure Statement so that you understand any terms, conditions and exclusions.