Australian Seniors Insurance Agency offers pet insurance as well as car, home, landlords, travel and funeral insurance. People of all ages can take out pet insurance with Australian Seniors, but if you are over age 50 you may be eligible to receive a 10% discount.
Australian Seniors pet insurance policies are issued by the Hollard Insurance Company and administered by PetSure, the dominant names in the Australian pet insurance industry.
What we like about Australian Seniors Pet Insurance
• Australian Seniors pet insurance offers a solid set of benefits. With the basic accident & illness plan 60% of eligible vet bills are covered up to an annual limit of $12,000 and with the essential and top accident and illness plans either 75% or 80% of eligible vet bills are covered to an annual limit of $12,000.
• You have a choice of three accident and illness plans, either “basic ”, “essential” or “top”. With the “essential” plan 75% of vet bills are covered, with basic plan 60% of bills are covered and with the “top” plan 80% of bills are covered. With “top” you will also have coverage for routine care.
• There is no excess on Australian Seniors pet insurance policies.
• Unlike some other pet insurance companies, Australian Seniors does not charge extra for paying on a fortnightly or monthly basis and if a vet visits your pet at home you will be covered.
A few things to consider
• The routine care cover has a cap of only $80 per year, which is lower than other pet health insurers. For many pet owners, the benefits you receive may be well below the additional cost of this coverage.
• Australian Seniors’ premium came in just below average on our cost survey of 20+ leading pet insurance plans.
Be sure to read the product disclosure statement for Australian Senior’s pet insurance prior to enrolling to make sure you understand the benefits and exclusions of your policy.
I’m Mitch, and I’ve spent hundreds of hours researching pet insurance, meeting with pet insurance executives, and getting the opinions of vets and pet owners. I wanted to put out information on every pet insurance brand (that I know of), to provide a true overview of the many options available to pet owners.
All the information in this article was correct at the time of writing and may change over time. If you’re considering this product, be sure to review the Product Disclosure Statement so that you understand any terms, conditions and exclusions.