Petsy Pet Insurance is backed by the largest pet insurer in Australia, Petinsurance.com.au, and is underwritten by The Hollard Insurance Company.
It offers two levels of cover: Top Cover and Custom Cover. Get up to 90% reimbursement on your vet bills and cover for your pet from as little as 6 weeks old to 9 years old.
What we like about Petsy Pet Insurance:
- 5% off your first year of pet insurance.
- Up to $25,000 in cover.
- Lifetime cover, provided there are no breaks in your coverage.
A few things to keep in mind:
- The optional routine care is an expensive extra that only gives you up to $150 of benefits for certain routine expenses. It’s probably best to simply pay for routine care costs out of pocket.
- Look into any genetic ailments your pet is likely to have as it gets older. Check the PDS to see if treatment for that illness is covered. If it is, your best bet is to purchase a policy while your pet is still covered, before it becomes considered an existing condition.
- Waiting periods differ: 1 day for injury, 14 days for illness, 6 months for specified conditions
Gary Hunter is a writer specialising in insurance. He has a Bachelor of Arts in English Literature from the University of Glasgow and has previously worked for Real Insurance as a content specialist.
All the information in this article was correct at the time of writing and may change over time. If you’re considering this product, be sure to review the Product Disclosure Statement so that you understand any terms, conditions and exclusions.