Knose Pet Insurance is as an authorised representative of Blend Insurance Solutions Pty Ltd and is underwritten by the Australian branch of Allied World Assurance Company.
It offers two policies – Cover for Dogs and Cover for Cats – which come with no additional excess charges, a benefit percentage choice of 70, 80 or 90% – and accident and illness cover with an annual limit of up to $25,000.
What we like about Knose Pet Insurance:
- You can select the benefit percentage yourself – 70%, 80% or 90% back on vet bills. This means you can choose to pay a little more for treatment if you want cheaper premiums.
- Policies cover vet costs for essential euthanasia
- $25,000 annual benefit limit for emergency boarding accommodation if you are unexpectedly hospitalised for four or more consecutive days.
- On average, you’ll have a waiting period of 14 days for illnesses, while your pet will receive same day cover for accidents.
- Simple and easy to understand website with two policies: one for cats and the other for dogs.
A few things to keep in mind:
- Overseas cover only includes New Zealand and Norfolk Islands. It also doesn’t extend further than sixty days so if you plan on taking a long term trip, it might not be for you.
- There is no multi-pet discount so you might want to look elsewhere if you have more than one pet you’d like to insure.
All the information in this article was correct at the time of writing and may change over time. If you’re considering this product, be sure to review the Product Disclosure Statement so that you understand any terms, conditions and exclusions.